NOVEMBER 20, 2020
The Dons were back at it this week, working hard to deliver a variety of events for our entire community. While these activities might look different than they did a year ago, the commitment to keeping us connected, and the creativity to try new things, continues to inspire us.
- Our APC Teacher & Staff Appreciation team had an opportunity to thank Teachers & Staff with delicious looking cookies and a Flower Bar where they were able to put together bouquets of flowers to bring home.
- A highlight of the week was Dr. Watson’s second Parent Racial Equity Seminar. This was once again an excellent opportunity to learn from her and share with other parents and leadership.
- The students also had a few activities that allowed them to come together in a socially distant/safe way, such as a Junior Drive-in Movie night and Seniorsgiving Celebration.
- Andrea Powers & Katherine Walton hosted another ACA Chat live! Hearing from this team is so fun and informative! We are really looking forward to the next one!
- Friday was our Dons Dialogue with Principal Bell where he spoke about site specifics for the second semester Hybrid Schedule. Watch it here if you missed it.
And as much as things around us change, some things stay the same… and those are the things we look forward to reflecting on during this week of giving thanks. Meaningful time spent with loved ones, the connection we feel to our larger community, even when just out running errands, and the support our kids feel every day going to school, even on Zoom!
We wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for our Acalanes family, parents, students, teachers, and staff, and we hope this message finds you enjoying some down time. Enjoy your break and as always, we are here for you should you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or concerns.
Acalanes Community Always,
Kristen Labrosse and Angela Ketcham
Upcoming Parent Events