The Acalanes Parents Club promotes the social, emotional and educational well-being of all Acalanes High School students, serves as a voice for the parent community along with the Acalanes administration, and helps educate and engage Acalanes parents.
APC Programs on Campus
Acalanes Parents Club has committed $196,000 to Acalanes High School this school year, providing vital services for the entire campus community. Your support funds the following critical programs and that benefit Acalanes students, teachers, staff and community.
- Peer Tutoring provides all students academic support in almost every subject offered at Acalanes. This fully funded, 20-year program has over 106,000 visits since its inception.
- Grant Programs provide $20K annually to support teacher and student innovation on campus. Recent year grants have included campus signage, library furniture, water filtration system and much needed classroom supplies.
- Parent Speaker Series delivers a range of engaging speakers for our parent community on relevant topics such as diversity and inclusion, wellness, and academic topics, throughout the school year.
- College and Career Center helps prepare students for their post Acalanes lives including Summer College Prep Workshops for seniors.
- Student Culture and Climate promotes a safe, diverse and inclusive culture at Acalanes. APC’s partial or fully funded investments include outside speakers for students, and student programs and activities on campus.
- Student Academic Clubs help students engage in academic programs and provide funding for club competitions
- Staff and Teacher Development allows teachers to collaborate, integrate and advance curriculum. APC dollars deliver supplies, stipend pay for collaboration time beyond the school day, and conference fees.
- School Communications APC’s weekly newsletter, regular communication emails and website are devoted to keeping parents informed, engaged and involved.