The Acalanes Parents Club promotes the educational well-being of Acalanes High School students, serves as a voice for the parent community with the Acalanes administration, and helps educate and engage Acalanes parents.
APC Programs on Campus
Acalanes Parents Club will commit $198,000 to AHS this school year, providing vital services for every student at Acalanes High School. Your support funds vital programs and services that benefit Acalanes students:
- Peer tutoring provides 1:1 student support.
- Academic club support funds students’ extracurricular activities.
- Safe School Ambassadors promote a secure school environment.
- College and Career Center enhances college readiness for students.
- Staff development supports the implementation of common core practices.
- Grant programs fund teacher and student innovation.
- Health and physical education strengthens student health awareness.
- Parent Education provides professional speakers.
- School communications foster connection between school and home.
- Wellness Center Intake Specialist and programming
In addition to these ongoing programs, donations to APC funds other campus improvements such as:
- Modern furniture for the school library
- Improved campus signage
- Enhancements to the Front Quad
Your donations fund the APC grant program which provides funding for projects that will enhance the educational experience of AHS students in new and innovative ways. For questions or new grant ideas, please see the Grants page.
Teacher Professional Development
A large part of Acalanes success is our hard-working staff. Effective teachers are allowed time to collaborate, working together to calibrate grading rubrics and integrate curriculum. APC provides supplies, stipend pay for collaboration time beyond the school day, and conference fees so teachers can continue learning and working together.
Students can take advantage of extra help from highly qualified junior and senior students at Acalanes’ Peer Tutoring Center or simply have a place to get homework done. Tutoring is available every day, no appointment necessary. Open during lunch, 7th period, Academy Periods and after school until 4:00 p.m, the Peer Tutoring room is located in the enclosed hallway next to the small theater/drama room. Peer Tutoring is funded 100% by Acalanes Parents Club.