March Madness Activities – Return to Campus!
- Decorate your student’s home mailbox for the first day of Hybrid Learning
- Get your students ready to wear ACA STRONG shirts on Hybrid Day 1, March 16 and March 17.
- TODAY from 1-2:30pm Senior & Junior Car Painting – Meet us in the Acalanes parking lot. We will provide the paint!
- Join the fun & buy an ACA Parent/Sibling Strong Shirt. This is a grey version of the student/staff ACA Strong shirt. You can purchase now via the Acalanes webstore for $10 and pick up from Acalanes after you receive your confirmation email.
March is Women’s History Month!
Opt in to the various learning opportunities, dialogues & celebration.
- Check out Canvas for the daily spotlight of excellent women. It will run through the end of the month.
- Thursday, March 18 at 7pm Women in Leadership Series with our associate superintendent Aida Glimme. Aida Glimme is the Associate Superintendent of Educational Services and oversees all items related to curriculum development and instructional practices in the Acalanes Union High School District. This year, she has overseen the implementation of schedule and program changes due to the COVID pandemic, including the shift to distance learning and now to hybrid. Aida was a Principal of Acalanes High School and is a former science teacher. She is a war refugee and immigrated to the United States with some of her family members as a result of a civil war in former Yugoslavia. She started high school in San Mateo not speaking English and fought to learn English and the “American way.” Aida currently resides in Danville, where she lives with her husband, daughter, and their 4-legged child, a Boxer named Cash. Register here to attend.
Deadline TODAY! Purchase Acalanes Spirit Wear
We have spirit wear available for the last time this school year! We added a couple new items including a tribute t-shirt to Mr. Huber with proceeds donated to the Parkinson’s Foundation in his name. Check out our spiritwear on the Acalanes webstore. Items can be either picked up at Acalanes or delivered to your home beginning April 6.
Wednesday, March 24 – Equity Curriculum Site Meeting
Is your student interested in hearing updates and engaging in dialogue about Social Science and English curriculum with an equity focus? Encourage them to attend this lunchtime roundtable. More information will be sent via Canvas.
Monday, April 5 – Acalanes Leadership Applications Available
Is your 8th grader interested in joining student government at Acalanes? Applications will be available electronically beginning April 5th. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to Katherine Walton.
Sunday, April 18 – Deadline To Order Frosh Spirit Packs!
Know an 8th grader? Frosh spirit packs are a great promotion gift and kick off to a career at Acalanes! Each pack is $53 and features a hooded sweatshirt, car magnet & cinch backpack. Proceeds go to the Class of 2025. Order deadline is April 18 and packs will be delivered to your house beginning May 7. Order here.
Homecoming 2021 is happening at the end of April! Although it will look a bit different, we are excited to celebrate different decades with skits and hallway decorations; encourage your student to get involved. Skit information will go out through Canvas!
Club meetings continue. Check out our 49 clubs! Clubs continue to be one of the best ways for students to connect. We will be pushing out more information about clubs at the end of the week. Please encourage your student to check out Canvas to learn more.
If I can ever do anything to help you or your student, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Katherine Walton, Student Activities Director