Welcome Debbie Levy: A New Face in the College & Career Center!
I’m very excited to be the new AHS College & Career Center advisor. I work actively with the Acalanes counselors to support your students and look forward to meeting with the Juniors before school ends to ensure they understand how to use Naviance effectively.
- Update Naviance with College Decisions/Exit Survey Congratulations to all seniors! Please 1) log into Naviance 2) Click on About Me 3)Choose Surveys from Your School 4)Click Senior Exit Survey to update the decisions. This is how your students’ final transcripts will be sent!
- DVC Applications – It’s time to apply to DVC or other community colleges. The registration deadline is May 8. I can help students if they join my Academy and/or they can sign up for this very informative upcoming Webinar led by DVC staff and students April 8 at 2:30pm.
- Admission Decisions – This is a busy time for admissions decisions to roll out. Remind your students to check ALL emails from schools to make sure they don’t miss anything. If you have any questions about an admission decision or financial aid, reach out directly to the university.
- Scholarships – There are still scholarships available. Naviance has many listed under the colleges section. Some deadlines are quickly approaching. Some applications require essays, so students should plan ahead. Here are some links to other scholarship sites:
- SAT Testing Reminder – Although many schools are test-optional, there are 2 upcoming SAT dates for students who may have prepared for these exams already. Locations are limited, but do check the College Board website to register for the May 8 or June 5 SAT administrations. Deadlines are soon.
- “Junior Jump Start” College Visits for six small liberal arts colleges on April 22 at 5pm. This is an interesting opportunity to get to know Williams, Carleton, Amherst College, Swarthmore, Pomona College, and Bowdoin. Tell your friends! Click here for the sign up.
- More Virtual College Visits – Check out these informative Virtual College Visits on April 14 & April 28 from 5:00-7:45pm. Students will have the opportunity to interact and ask questions of a large group of college admissions officers from very popular colleges. The program will also include sessions on topics such as finding a college that fits, paying for college, and writing a college essay presented by college admission counselors.
- First-Generation Students – The district has excellent resources to help students who are first in their family to go to college. Sessions on Deciphering Financial Aid Award Letters: Zoom- April 6th @ 4:30PM & Post High School Options: Zoom- April 13th @ 4:30PM.
Please feel free to call me at 925-280-3975, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m available for Academy visits for six students from 11:30am-noon Tuesday-Friday. You can also reach me for appointments on Mondays with your students by clicking here. I look forward to working with your families!