This week is all about the Decades: Homecoming 2021!
The students have planned a fun, jam-packed week with activities at school and virtually. Each day has dress-up days completed via the goosechase app. All events are for class points to determine overall winner of the week!
Below is the Homecoming schedule of events:
TOMORROW from 12-4:30pm: Hallway decorating (date change due to projected rain today). There are still a few open slots. Encourage your student to sign up!
Monday at 7:30pm: On campus movie night in the frosh quad watching Back to the Future. Sign up here!
- At lunch: Record painting in the quads OR Scribbl.io via zoom
- 4:30pm: Ping pong tournament in between the gyms
- 7pm: Boys soccer senior night
- Lunch: Spikeball in the quads OR among us via zoom
- 5pm: Tie dye in between the gyms
- Lunch: Decades Kahoot in 314 OR via zoom
- 6pm: Virtual Rally Youtube link
- Lunch: Hula Hooping competition OR 100 questions via zoom
- 6pm: Drama tailgate & play watch party (play starts at 7 PM)
Spotlight on the Live-Streamed Virtual Rally (Thursday 6pm)
An event for the whole family! It is complete with class skits, 6 live performances by our talented students, a staff dance number with live voting via instagram & a surprise for one of our very own seniors. Youtube link.
A peek at May:
Monday, May 3
- 1pm: Speaker Series with the Eat. Learn. Play CEO (Steph & Ayesha Curry’s non-profit) Chris Helfrich Register here
- 6pm: Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage month movie night
Thursday, May 6 at 6:30pm: Women in Leadership Series with Pac-12 Chief Marketing Officer Dannette Leighton Register here
Monday, May 10 at 1pm: Speaker Series with Bank of America executive vice-chairman Jill Schwartz Register here
Wednesday, May 12 at 6pm: AAPI Speaker Shaan Dasani
Register here to attend! Los Angeles based actor, performer & speaker Shaan Dasani brings his rap poetry storytelling piece I GOT A STORY TO TELL YA to Acalanes High School, to deliver a powerful message about growing up, self-acceptance and rising above hate. As a South-Asian transgender man, Shaan works to blaze trails in the entertainment industry. He’s been covered by the NEW YORK TIMES in their piece “THE TRANS ACTORS CHALLENGING OUTMODED IDEAS OF MASCULINITY,” and in 2018, the BONOBOS brand picked Shaan as a representative for their #EvolveTheDefinition campaign which sought to jumpstart a conversation around broadening ideas of masculinity. Despite this, his work doesn’t center around masculinity, but rather, humanity, as his experience has taught him that if we want to live our best lives, we have to start by giving people the room to live theirs. After the performance, there will be opportunity for questions, conversations and thoughts.
Club meetings continue. Check out our 49 clubs! Clubs continue
If I can ever do anything to help you or your student, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Katherine Walton, Student Activities Director