We had a great week last week at Acalanes! It was nice to be together as a community at the all-school rally & have a Welcome Back dance after a two-year hiatus.
The club application process is open. Any student can start or renew a club and we encourage it. Clubs are instrumental to school culture and community at Acalanes. All of the information can be found on the club website. Applications are due Friday, Aug 26. Our fall club day is Sept 2 during academy and this is a great chance for students to check out the recognized clubs and join.
Thank you to the 900 families who purchased ASB stickers this year. We really appreciate your support! Two reminders:
- The sticker should be on the top of the ID card. If it is not, the student can take their ID card to the main attendance office to have it punched.
- The sticker provides discounts to local businesses for students so don’t forget to take advantage!
- If your student didn’t get the black spirit shirt at Dons Day, please have them go to room 314 to pick up one.
Order School Photos
Students took school photos for their ID cards & yearbooks that you can purchase herethrough Studio One.
Thank you to all who have purchased a class shirt! They will be handed out the week of Aug 22 at lunch. We are waiting on the supplier with an exact delivery date but updated information will be in the school bulletin this week.
Thanks to everyone who purchased spirit wear! Items will be available for pick-up the week of Aug 29 and you will receive an email with more information about pick-up.
The 2022 Homecoming theme is U.S. Cities! Homecoming runs from Sep 25 to Oct 1. We CANNOT wait so please save the date!
Our remaining calendar date for August is this Friday, Aug 26:
- Club Applications Due
- 7am: Senior Sunrise & Panoramic Picture
- First home football game and pre-game tailgate (wear blue)
As always, if there is anything we can do for you or your student, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here to connect students with activities and interests.
Katherine Walton, Leadership Teacher