Is it too early to start supporting students for FINALS? Just a reminder that parents can help support their students by:
- Encouraging sufficient sleep. Help support your students prioritizing getting at least 8-10 hours of sleep per night.
- Optimal Nutrition. Provide an abundance and variety of “nutrient-dense” food choices, meals and snacks.
- Positive emotional connection. Build in regular (even if brief) opportunities to connect together as a family (without “checking in”/evaluating how school academics are going).
- Physical activity. Encourage healthy opportunities for physical activity and fresh air.
- Support them in having a dedicated study space that has minimal distractions and is decluttered.
- New Masking Mandate – As of Saturday, Mar 12, the state masking mandate has transitioned from “required” to “strongly recommended”. While masks will no longer be required, “masks remain one of the most effective and simplest safety mitigation layers to prevent transmission of COVID-19 infections” (CDPH). Masks will still be available to those who need or want one. Students who return after Day 5 of Covid infection must mask through Day 10.
- Remain alert to COVID symptoms, continue to report COVID+ cases to us (especially Attendance) and keep your students home when they are ill.
- COVID Isolation, Quarantines and Test Kits – The current guidelines for return to school after COVID illness require a negative COVID test (if returning before 10 days). Please see Principal Shawn’s COVID FAQ’s for more details. We continue to update policy based on the County Health Department guidance.
Please be in touch with me to discuss any medical, health, or wellness concerns.
Stay healthy and be well,
Dvora Citron, RN, MS
Acalanes School Nurse Google Site