We had an amazing club day during academy this past Friday. Club meetings will begin this week. To see our 2021-2022 clubs, check out the spreadsheet.
The Student Support board is hosting a suicide awareness week from Sept 13-17 in honor of suicide awareness month. To begin the week, we are creating a mural with an inspirational quote where kids can imprint their hands on the poster with purple paint. On Tuesday we make purple friendship bracelets. On Wednesday, we have a struggling and grateful posters event where people can write what they are struggling with and what they are grateful for in the 300 wing. On Thursday, we hand out goodie bags with candy, purple masks and more. To end the week, we will wear purple to honor suicide awareness month.
Class Shirts, ASB Spirit Shirt & Spiritwear
If your student missed picking up their class shirt, ASB shirt or spiritwear, please encourage them to stop by room 314 during breaks.
Peek at the Week:
Homecoming 2021 – September 26 through October 2 – Let the Games Begin!
We have solidified Homecoming 2021-2022 and are so excited for it to begin! A couple highlights for our community and students to join in!
- Monday, Sept 20 – Friday, Oct 1 Canned Food Drive (class competition)
- Sunday, Sept 26 from 10am-3pm Hallway Decorating
- Wednesday, Sept 29 from 7:30-9:30pm Student Dodgeball
- Friday, Oct 1 during Academy Homecoming Rally
- Saturday, Oct 2 from 7-10pm ACA Homecoming! Encourage your student to join for an evening full of food, carnival games, tons of activities, and more. Tickets go on sale this week via the webstore. $25 with ASB; $55 without ASB.
Saturday, Oct 2 from 7-10pm Homecoming Event Chaperones Needed
We will host a homecoming event for our students on the football field. Although it won’t look the same as previous homecoming dances, we have a fun night planned with plenty of activities and games to keep the students engaged & having fun. In order to ensure a safe night, we are looking for 25 parent chaperones. Please view this sign up and consider signing up today! Thank you!
As always, I am here to support you and your students. If there is anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to reach out via e-mail.
Katherine Walton, Student Activities Director