November is here and this week is a short one!
- Monday, Nov 8 at Lunch Thanksgiving Trivia in Room 314 – Play fun and lighthearted trivia about Thanksgiving.
- Wednesday, Nov 10 at Academy in Room 314 Environmental Council – Is your student interested in issues of sustainability and the environment? Please encourage them to attend the Environmental Council during Academy to dialogue an action plan.
- Wednesday, Nov 10 at Lunch Grateful Letter Writing – Write grateful letters to peers or to staff members. Encourage your student to opt in.
Last week, our community and the students spent some time appreciating our custodial staff through written notes, goodies (including a nice basket from APC) and a video. We appreciate each and everything that they do for our campus.
Fall Sports Highlight Video
Enjoy this quick highlight video featuring fall athletes + highlight footage. Congratulations to all of our fall athletes!
Adopt a Family
With the holiday season approaching, it’s time for Acalanes’ annual Adopt-a-Family event! The mission is to give to those in need during the holiday season and we work with Families First, a non-profit in Concord. If you have the desire to make a difference in the community, we encourage you to sign up to help. We will connect you with families or individuals along with their wish lists to assist you in buying gifts. There are two options for giving:
- Option 1: If you would like to adopt a whole family please email here with your preference of family size (small is 1-2, medium at 3-4, large is 5-6)
- Option 2: If you are interested in adopting one person, sign up on our Sign–UpGenius.
Acalanes Spirit Wear
As we approach the holidays, we wanted to design and offer five new Acalanes items for purchase. All are designed by our students and all proceeds benefit the classes of ’23, ’24 and ’25. You can order now and items will be available for pick-up December 9th and 10th after school. Check them out!
CARE Leader Applications Now Available
Is your student interested in encouraging equity on campus and continuing the dialogue? They can sign up to be a CARE Leader! The application was sent via Canvas and is also in the daily bulletin. Each year, Acalanes puts on what is called CARE week (Compassion, Acceptance, Respect, and Equality). CARE leaders will lead a CARE Workshop during Academy time in order to continue our education around issues of equity. Students will be trained on the content of the workshop along with facilitation tips and techniques.
We are just kicking off the 2nd quarter and it is never too late to start attending club meetings. Clubs are continuing to meet and it is one of the BEST ways for students to get connected at Acalanes. Club meeting times and contact information are in the spreadsheet.
As always, I am here to support you and your students. If there is anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to reach out via e-mail.
Katherine Walton, Student Activities Director