Nov 29 Deadline To Order Spirit Wear
There is just one more week to order spirit wear! We have added some new items to the webstore. This is a perfect opportunity for holiday gifts or winter gear. Items will be available for pick-up on December 17.
Acalanes Community Outreach in partnership with Concord-based Families First, encourages you to participate in this year’s program. Sign up to adopt an individual, shop for them based on their wishlist items and then drop the wrapped presents off at Acalanes on December 11. This is an amazing opportunity for the Acalanes community and an exciting philanthropic partnership. Sign up here.
Mental Health Newsletter
Take a minute & read some narratives, reminders about gratitude & resources to support our mental health.
The week we return from break has multiple opportunities for students to engage. Here is an overview:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2
- Lunch with Alumni Raea Gragg – Talk with her about her journey writing a graphic novel, producing a film, resiliency, identity and how to talk about hard things. Event not to miss!
- Frosh Finals Prep During Lunch – Encourage your frosh student to attend this finals prep dialogue with a teacher from each content area. Teachers will share wisdom about how to prep specifically for their class as we enter the end of Semester 1.
- Women in Leadership #2 at 7pm – Hear from Contra Costa County Deputy Attorney Colleen Gleason
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3
- Lunchtime Roundtable – Dialogue with Colleen Gleason on consent and more.
- Class of 2023 Bonding at 5pm – Join us for Quiplash
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4
- Equity Council at Lunch
- Also at Lunch: Environmental dialogue
Club meetings continue. Check out our 45 clubs!
If I can ever do anything to help you or your student, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Katherine Walton, Student Activities Director