- Scholarship Opportunity Check out this site for many scholarships!
- Rossmoor Scholarship Foundation- If your family has financial need and your child has been actively involved in community service, please check out this generous $2,500 scholarship!
- American Association of University Women- (AAUW) offers three $2,000 Scholarships to a graduating young woman who demonstrates a sustained commitment to community service as well as a grade point average of at least 3.0. If you know someone who meets these criteria, please share or email me.
- Wednesday, Jan 12 at 6:30pm on Zoom Susan Martin, our counselor, and Debbie Levy will host a Junior Parent night to learn more about the college application timeline and career opportunities. The event will be recorded and posted too.
- Tuesday, Feb 1 at 6 to 7pm Acalanes Bookclub Meeting in the Collab Center Join Junior parents to discuss Who Gets in and Why by Jeffrey Selingo.
- Job Opportunity Orinda Parks and Rec is hiring immediately for students on Saturdays to help set up and keep score at basketball games. Please contact Recreation Coordinator Matt Delmartini by Wednesday, Jan 12 if interested.
- Personality Test- Click here for your student to take a 10 minute personality test! It’s a great first step in recognizing how people connect with others. Next is a look at a career interest profiler test.
- Resume Development- Have your child reach out to work on creating a resume!
- Volunteer Here are some volunteer options to get you started. Check out the newforms for tracking volunteer service hours for recognized service awards.