Projected Calendar Changes
As AHS prepares to open for hybrid instruction, the following calendar changes are anticipated:
- Monday, March 8: Non-school day for students (tentative)
- Friday, March 12: Regular instruction day for students (confirmed)
- Monday, March 15: Non-school day for students (tentative)
Hybrid Instructional Model
For details regarding the return to hybrid instruction, please visit the district website here. This page includes student group/cohort schedules, FAQs, return to hybrid transition timelines, and more. If you have additional questions, please submit your questions to the district using this form.
AHS Update Regarding SAT Administration
This has been a complicated year for SAT administrations. Due to Covid-related restrictions AHS has had to cancel a number of administration dates and limit capacity moving forward. We apologize for any frustration caused by this ever-changing landscape. Linked here is a message from our AHS testing coordinator about the upcoming March 13 administration.
Due Friday, March 12 - APC Spring 2021 Grants Proposals!
Acalanes Parents Club is excited to announce its spring grant program is now accepting proposals to enhance the educational experience of AHS students during the current distance learning model and the return to in-person hybrid model. Teachers, students, staff and parents are welcome to submit a grant proposal. Contact APC Grants Coordinator Catherine Habas to receive the application submission guidelines or click here. Email completed applications to Catherine Habas at or drop in the APC box in the office.
Application Deadline Extended to May 1, 2021 - Acalanes & President's Volunteer Service Awards Program
Due to the continued challenges of identifying and completing volunteer work during COVID, we have made the decision to extend the deadline, so students can finish service hours and submit applications. A few reminders:
- Applications may be submitted between March 25 - May 1, 2021. Please do NOT submit early.
- Completed and signed Applications (along with any supporting materials from your organizations) should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the service award application forms here.
- If you have any questions please email us!
ACA “March Madness”
It’s almost time to welcome hybrid students back on campus!! With a return to Hybrid date of March 16, it’s time to pump up the ACA spirit to new levels! Here are some ways to do so:
- Fly your ACA flag!! Don’t have one? Buy one on the webstore! (See Fundraising section for details.)
- Decorate your student’s mailbox for the first day of Hybrid (decoration kits will be available during “Back to School” hybrid orientation)
- Get your students ready to wear ACA STRONG shirts on Hybrid Day 1, March 16. Students who didn’t pick up an ACA Strong shirt at the last ACA Day can pick one up at Back to School Hybrid Orientation.
- Be on the look-out for more info for a Senior Car Painting effort
- Join the fun & buy an ACA Parent/Sibling Strong Shirt. This is a grey version of the student/staff ACA Strong shirt. You can purchase now via the Acalanes webstore for $10 and pick up from Acalanes after you receive your confirmation email.
Buy and Eat Local: Support Lafayette Businesses & Restaurants!
Local businesses and restaurants need our support more than ever! Restaurants are welcoming outside dining again and would appreciate patronage by Acalanes families in their outdoor seating areas or via take-out. As always, local businesses continue to help our classes with dine out fundraising. Mark your calendar to support these businesses AND our Dons!
- Class of 2024: Tuesday, March 3 from 10a to 7p at Sideboard
Questions, comments, or feedback, email email@example.com.